- Titled and street legal
- Mid America body panels, tube frame, full roll cage
- McLaren Can-Am ZL-1 Aluminum big block
- Chevy/Greenwood cross-ram fuel injection manifold
- Electronic fuel injection by Kinsler
- 1990 Corvette ZR-1 suspension & brakes.
- Auto Gear custom ratio 4 speed transmission
- 16" Hildebrand style wheels
- Custom SS headers and side pipes
- Butler Seats, Simpson 5-point belts
24 Hours of LeMans.
In late 1962, Chevrolet chief engineer Zora Arkus Duntov set out to build a production run of 125 Corvette race cars with the ultimate goal of winning the GT class at 24 Hours of LeMans. Inside Duntov's shop, the project was known as the “LightWeight.” As they neared completion, Chevrolet marketing christened the cars "Grand Sports." Only three of the 1963 Grand Sports were ever sold.
In 1965, #003 Corvette Grand Sport was raced by one of the original owners, Delmo Johnson. For that race, Duntov provided the race team with the first racing big block engine ever to leave the factory.
We have one of the best 1965 Corvette Grand Sport conversions in the world. It is titled and technically street legal. The previous owner did have plates on it, but didn't buzz the neighborhood.
This car was never raced competitively. It's been displayed at car shows and raceways around the country and only driven around the track for the fans.
More than $250,000 has been invested in this conversion. This is a rare opportunity to own a Grand Sport with a McLaren ZL-1 engine. Please call our Sales Manager Bob Sindelar directly at 630-230-0441.
Here's a list of details:
– Mid America body panels and tube frame with full roll cage.
– McLaren Can-Am ZL-1 Aluminum big block motor.
– Under 10 miles on the engine rebuild.
– Chevy/Greenwood cross-ram fuel injection manifold.
– Fuel injection converted to electronic by Kinsler with BigStuff3 programming.
– Auto Gear custom ratio 4 speed transmission, custom drive shaft & half shafts.
– 1990 Corvette ZR-1 suspension and brakes.
– 16" Hildebrand style wheels.
– Custom SS headers and side pipes.
– Butler Seats, Simpson 5-point belts
More details on systems:
Alden coil overs on all 4 corners. J&E 12.5 forged pistons, Crower 1414 cam kit, roller rockers, Manley SS valves, titanium retainers, Chevy forged crank, Oliver forged rods, Jesel timing belt, McLaren magnesium valve covers, Stewart Stage 2 water pump, Howe custom radiator, Quartermaster scatter shield and 7 ¼ triple disk clutch, Autometer gages, ATL fuel cell, duel Bosh fuel pumps, Accusump, Weaver dry sump pump and Mclaren magnesium dry sump pan. Fuel management system includes EGT on all cylinders, oxygen, idle air, throttle position, barometric pressure, knock sensor, engine temp, vacuum pressure and RPM.
Call Bob for a showing at 630-230-0441 CorvetteMikeMidwest.com
- Engine Size
- 427 McLaren ZL-1
- Body Color
- Body Style
- Interior Color
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Racing Bucket Seats
- Shifter Type
- Center Console