- Silver exterior, Black Convertible
- Russet leather Interior, Red carpet
- Steel monocoque body, separate bolt-on engine sub-frame
- 5.3 liter V-12 300hp
- Chrome plated Dunlop pressed steel wheels.
- Vredestein 205/70R-15 tires
- Vintage Kenwood stereo
If you're looking for a Jaguar E-Type, or X-KE as it debuted in North America, you know the famous 1961 quote from Enzo Ferrari when he called it "the most beautiful car ever made." This car fits perfectly in our showroom with Corvettes of the same era. This car affectionately coded as the Open Two Seater Left Hand Drive: 1S 21689 Series III E-Type.
This 1973 Jaguar XKE Convertible has only 2-owners. The car comes to us from a local Chicago enthusiast and customer of Corvette Mike Midwest, who bought this car in 2001 from the original owner in Sacramento, California. It's been with the same classic car collector past 19 years, well-preserved restoration, meticulously maintained, Silver with Russet Red interior and Black convertible top.
This matching numbers Jaguar XKE has the desired 5.3-liter V12 300hp engine matched to an automatic transmission. The automatic transmission proves to be stellar with the larger engine, especially for touring around town.
The V12 motor was dialed in and lightly freshened by TT Engines of Southern Illinois in 2005, including a mild cam, polished intakes, electronic ignition, and it has less than 5,000-miles since. TT Engines is known throughout the U.S. as one of the most respected precision experts for Jaguar E-Type engines.
This Jaguar comes with convenience features including power steering, power brakes, telescopic steering wheel, spare tire, seat belts and red leather seats. Also equipped with an original set of factory steel disc wheels and newer Vredestein tires. See the detailed list below.
Here are the details:
• Silver exterior with Red leather and Red carpet
• All steel monocoque body with separate bolt-on engine sub-frame
• 5.3 liter, 326 cu. in., 60 deg. V-12
• Bore: 3.54 in., stroke: 2.76 in., piston area 118 sq.
• Chrome plated Dunlop pressed steel wheels.
• Vredestein 205/70R-15 tires
• Vintage Kenwood solid state cassette stereo AM/FM radio
• New Black cloth convertible top, red carpet, and sun visors
• Bucket seats have new leather with new foam supports and diaphragms
• Headrests have new leather and foam supports
• New seat belt hardware and webbing
• Complete body strip down to bare steel. New stainless steel exhaust, resonator, mounts and chrome tip
• New fan motors, fan belt set, crossover water pipe, control box and header tank
• New headlights
• New torsion bar set
• New upper & lower ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rod ends and wheel bearings
• New brake master cylinder, brake servo, brake fluid transmitter and silicone brake fluid
• New brake calipers, hubs, rotors, pads and back plates, pistons, hoses, gaskets and seals
• New shocks
• New sway bushings, stabilizer bushings, pivot seals, swivel seals, complete differential rebuild including gaskets, sub axle seals, front main and pinion seals
The consistent and detailed maintenance by the second owner of this 1973 XKE is evident by how lively the car feels –on the road and how easily the carbureted V12 fires up, cold or warm. The lines are straight and the gaps are even throughout the car. Every detail presents beautifully all around.
Please call Bob or Marty at 630-230-0441 or visit CorvetteMikeMidwest.com
Corvette Mike Midwest
60 Shore Drive
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Just 12 miles from downtown Chicago
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- 5.3-liter V12
- Body Color
- Body Style
- Interior Color
- Russet Red
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Shifter Type
- Center Console